PROFILE: Field Coordinator
The Aboriginal Skilled Workers Association (ASWA) is a non-profit organization that works to bridge the gap between Indigenous peoples and Employers. You can learn more about us by visiting our website at https://www.aswa.ca.
We are working with Smart Skills Connect to fill a position near Claresholm, Alberta. Seeking a local resource as there is no travel/board/mileage/hotel allowance provided.
This position is entry-level.
Work hours: Monday to Friday 7:00 am to 3:30 pm
Must have: Computer experience (email, excel, and word).
• Ensure trailer, materials, hardware (equipment, tools), data (server architecture) are maintained, cleaned, and in proper order.
• Communicate needs to Supervisor for efficient and operational environment (field tools, IT equipment).
• Ensure good work ethics and behaviors (hours of work/lunch breaks/breaks, work activities, etc.) are followed
• Ensure that Company property is solely used for business activities.
• Provide excellent customer service by arriving at site location daily in a timely manner and communicating tactfully with Axsus project team, management, client, and client’s stakeholders.
Material Receipt, Installation & Quality Control Responsibilities:
• Spray painting/marking helical piles according to color code
• Support product receiving activities, completing quality control inspections and audits, documenting & reporting material quantities arriving to site, reporting shipping damages or issues, reporting material handling damages or issues, reporting material placement and storage, etc. Apply and maintain daily accurate document control (paper and electronic copies) and provide accurate reporting to the project team.
• Assist with customer and contractor issues and work with Axsus departments in applying lessons learned, quality assurance, and continuous improvement associated training needs.
• Perform other duties as required
HEALTH & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Follow the duties and responsibilities specified under the Occupational Health & Safety Act Sections 28.
• Ensure all safety and non-safety rules and regulations are followed.
• Ensure adherence to established safety, quality and housekeeping standards and participate in the continuous improvement process.
• Attends Environmental Health and Safety training
• Adhere to SmartSkills health and safety, environmental, and quality standards, policies and procedures
• Follow compliance obligations
• Report any known near miss, environmental impact, hazard, defect, incident or compliance issue to the employer or supervisor
• Assist in near miss, hazard, and incident investigations and provide input on corrective actions
• Understand BILL 168 and uphold the policies that prohibit domestic violence, workplace violence, and harassment in the Workplace.
• 50% Logistics
• 50% Quality Control
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
• Completion of community college diploma/certificate.
• Mechanical Aptitude
• Product Manufacturing
• Site Construction
• Solar Knowledge
• Excellent computer skills
• Excellent attention to details
Note: The person would be reporting and working at a site trailer (trailer is heated with office furniture).
Application deadline: Oct 23, 2020
- Day shift
Application deadline: 2020-10-22
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $20.00-$24.00 per hour
Position Filled: Solar Panel Tech/Installer
Start Date: ASAP - Duration: 6 to 12 months
Rate of Pay: $20.00 per hour.
Own vehicle/reliable transportation
Safety Equipment (steel toed boots, hard hat, glasses etc)
Ability to work outdoors - in the elements
Strong attention to detail, organized and ability to use hand tools
Ability to take direction and follow instructions
Be detail-oriented and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
Be physically fit to lift and handle solar panels weighing approximately 50 lbs
You will be responsible for the installation and safe handling of solar panel systems being installed, you will assemble the racking and attach all required paneling.
Maintain an highly organized work environment
Assist with setup and tear down of job sites
Ensure strict compliance with Health & Safety procedures & policies
Participate in and coordinate clean job site
Other duties as assigned
Experience working with tools
Solar Panel or related Construction experience is an asset but not necessary.
WHIMIS and CSTC current certification - both are free and can be done online, therefore computer is necessary.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $20.00 /hour